Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hey, can you believe it I finally have DS's quilt off the machine. This quilt was a long time in the process, I actually started it about 2 years ago to hang on a very large wall in their house. Oh well, now it will go on his bed. I think it is a very masculine looking quilt, just great for a guy, and it being a "Carpenter's Star" it fits the receipient well as he is a carpenter. So this is quite a large quilt, about 93x105, I don't like square quilts so I added the 2 stripes top and bottom. I used up a lot of my stash, didn't buy one single new fabric, even had some flannel to use on the back. I will use up scraps for the binding so this will be one scrappy quilt. I really do like it and hope DS does too. So then one day last week I went to a friends for a play day and we finished a project we planned a year or so ago. We each bought one of the "Laundry Basket Quilts" patterns, the Poinsettia and the Daffodils. Well here is my Daffodils, and my Poinsettia is still in the works. These are a lot of fun and go to gether pretty quickly, they are cut and paste, or fusible if you prefer. Now I have about 6 little wall hangings that I need to find time to quilt. Oh well, customers first. I have quite a few of those now so probably won't hear from me for a while. Have a Blessed Day.

4 comments:

MARCIE said...

Which one of your boys gets that beautiful quilt? Matt? I want to make one just like that for Renn. Your colors are great and the border is too. Outstanding quilting as well. Can't wait to see all the kids next weekend!

Polly said...

Love the quilt, I hope a Ace doesn't sleep on it. The watering can is darling too. Miss you

Lori Allison said...

Love, love love the carpenters wheel quilt. Masculine without the ugly. Wish I'd seen the quilting closer up at MQ.
Also loved the watering can and the funky Xmas tree one -- who's that pattern???
Could I have that little Aurora? She sparkles in her photos!

Lourdes said...

hat is exactly what I am looking for!! My nephew is building his first house and I would like to make this for their open house.

I am fairly new to quilting and I have found a pattern but I don’t know how to resize the pattern to make it large enough to fit the bed.

Can you please share with me how you made it? I think I will be using half square triangles cause the idea of Y seams is scary to me. I don’t feel seasoned enough to attempt that yet.