Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Boy life gets busy when you're having fun. So much going on in the family and with my quilting world. I just got back from Spring Market in Pittsburg and saw so many beautiful fabrics and quilts and new toys and new patterns. It is always quilting overload. Cedar Canyon Textiles, whom I work with, introuduced 2 new items this market, a pattern for a whole cloth, painted, Coneflower and a new set of Holiday rubbing plates. Of course I made samples for the booth and I thought I would share them with you. The Coneflower was painted by a client and I did the quilting but I made up a little Holiday table runner using the new plates. Here are 2 of the blocks, if you go to the CCT web/blog you can see a little 9 patch. The other thing I did was using Laura Murray's Star Builder and some hand pieced Mariner's Compass blocks. This quilt may go into Laura's new book, I am so excited about that. More to come on that subject.

1 comment:

Polly said...

Wow I just happened to check your blog on a day that you posted, it has been a while. The quilts look awesome! I hope you had fun at spring market. The Mariner's Compass blocks are amazing.